Saffron Steer was specifically brought in to lead a sizeable tender response for the Trust (acting as interim Commercial Director for the team). This particular tender was of significant strategic importance to HCT since it would expand its reach out of area for the first time and generate revenue for future financial sustainability.
What was done
- Led the entire tender process over 4 months
- Coordinated a multi-functional team of Executive and middle management across finance, clinical, operational, and business development in preparing the response
- ‘Editor in Chief’ of all final submission documents, crafting a differentiated narrative congruent with the Trust’s strategic objectives
- Coached the team for the final pitch to the buyer
- Stimulated new thinking within the Executive team about organisational purpose and values as a natural consequence of the tender effort
Successful at winning this contract for the client, valued at £3.9M